Friday, July 15, 2005

Hi all-A little late but the summer is long

I'm a little late knitting this summer sweater, I know, but better late than never. I saw this sweater two months ago and knew I had to knit one. I had a few things to knit first, so it had to wait, but now I'm pretty much done and I love it. It took me only 4 days to knit which I was quite surprised about. I have yet to sew in the ends and I have to find a good button for the front, but it's done and it fits. I'm thinking of knitting a second one and extending the waist down a bit like Tami made hers.
I had a few questions I wanted to ask while knitting, but I didn't want to wait for the answers so I just kept knitting. Did anyone else knit 10 rows more than in the pattern called for just before you separate the sleeves from the main body? Am I that big that I need 10 more rows? I ripped twice trying to get it to fit at this stage and the only thing that worked was 10 rows more. I'll post my picture as soon as I get it done.

Kimberly
www.thegivingflower.de.vu

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

The picture of your mini-sweater on your blog is beaituful... I love the eyelet and ribbon detail at the bottom. Have fun with your next one in black. Happy knitting!

July 20, 2005 8:12 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I am still at the trying on stage myself and know I have to make more rows, but I'm not sure how many. I would bet it would be at least 10.

Congratulations on finishing yours! The trying on stage has thrown me off of mine.

July 27, 2005 2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home