Saturday, June 25, 2005

Stick a fork in it ...

... Because it's done! I finished my lovely Minisweater. It's fabulous, probably one of my favorite things I've ever made. I wore it out and got compliments galore. Ofcourse I'm going to have to make another one. I might have to make TWO more, since my 13 yeard old sister is begging for one of her own. Take a look at my blog to see pics. :)

Thursday, June 23, 2005

done! hooray!

I finished! I used Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in black purl. I used way less yardage than was called for, so I guess my gauge was off. It fits me, so I don't care!
There are details & pictures on my blog.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Help!

Hi!

This is my first post. This is also the first thing I've tried to knit that wasn't a scarf. Possibly not the best choice as it's a little complicated.

Anyway, I've knit about 11 rows only to realize that I haven't been increasing using the right method. My question: Does it matter if I increase by knitting into the same stitch or do I have to increase by knitting the stitch below (as the pattern calls for)? If I do have to increase by knitting the stitch below, does anyone know a good tutorial for that, because I haven't been able to find one.

Thanks!

Saturday, June 11, 2005

row 15

Apologies if this has already been asked, but what exactly is meant by this:

work increase row as normal, but increase five stitches evenly over both sleeve sections.

Ok, so I need to do five increases in the sleeve sections, right. But the type of increase I have been doing (KLL and KRL) wouldn't really work in the middle of the fabric. So, do I just count my stitches and do a different type over the sleeve sections?
Also, on the sleeves-- they are knit flat, then seamed? Am I reading that correctly?
Thanks!

Thursday, June 02, 2005

1st post on my Minisweater

Hi! This is actually my first post here, although I've been part of this KAL for a little while now. I'm making my Minisweater out of Arucania Nature Cotton in a medium cornflower blue, so I can wear it all through the summer.

I'm almost embarassed to say it, but I'm pretty far along! I finished the raglan increases and am working on the body right now. I felt like the increases took forever, so I'm glad they're done. Everything is going smoothly, except I'm begining to notice that the skein of yarn I just finished looks kindof stripy compared to the other two skeins I'm using. It's subtle in some light, and glaringly obvious in others, so I'm not sure if I want to actually do anything about it. I might just be lazy and finish it anyway.

EDIT: You can see a picture of my progress on my blog. Enjoy!