Thursday, April 14, 2005

Hello all,
I'm new to the Minisweater KAL... My name is Kate. I just started my sweater two days ago and I love this project so far. It knits up really fast. I am already to the part where you separate the sleeve stitches and start on the body. The only thing that I have had trouble with is the increases on this part. The pattern says to m1 on the purl side, but that was looking really funny on mine, so I decided to work the increases on the knit side. I knit 7 then m1 knit until 7 remain, m1 then knit the remaining stitches so there is a smooth line along the garter stitch band. Did anyone else have trouble with this part?
Anyhow, overall, I really like the sweater and I am already daydreaming about making it again. I love to see the different yarns that every one is using for their sweaters, too. I am making this one in grey angora that I got a thrift store. I think I might make another one with some scraps of two different colorways of Noro Silk Garden that I have. I think the pattern would lend itself to self-striping yarn.
Well, that's all for now. I will try to post a picture soon. Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home