Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Help!

Hi!

This is my first post. This is also the first thing I've tried to knit that wasn't a scarf. Possibly not the best choice as it's a little complicated.

Anyway, I've knit about 11 rows only to realize that I haven't been increasing using the right method. My question: Does it matter if I increase by knitting into the same stitch or do I have to increase by knitting the stitch below (as the pattern calls for)? If I do have to increase by knitting the stitch below, does anyone know a good tutorial for that, because I haven't been able to find one.

Thanks!

4 Comments:

Blogger wizkid said...

I did a M1. Here is a great website where they have a video to show you and everything:
http://www.stitchguide.com/stitches/knitting/stitch_pages/kn_make1stbelow.html

June 16, 2005 2:57 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I've also seen people use yarnovers instead, which look pretty and kind of lacy. So long as you increase in the right places at the right time, I don't think it really matters how you do it.

June 21, 2005 1:53 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Thanks, you guys! That helps a lot.

June 21, 2005 11:41 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I did KFB or however you shorten it, knitting into the front and back of the same stitch and it looked okay to me. I figure as long as it's consistent it can be a design feature, right?

July 03, 2005 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home