Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Some answers, some questions...

I am currently w/o camera, so I'll have to hunt someone down soon. This sweater is an addictive knit, I should be done soon (with the sweater at least, the spikes look time consuming).

I'm randomly striping, they're all varying widths, and there is no pattern, but if you're ever looking for a really cool striping sequence, check out this random stripe generator:

http://www.kissyourshadow.com/stripe_maker.php

I love stripes and this site/tool is amazing.

After the green, I'm going to be making a red one because I have just as many red scraps as I do green...this is such a great scrap project. Ashiko's contrasting sleeves are a great example of how necessity is the mother of (really cool looking) invention. It reminds me of one of those baseball raglan tees, but fancy!

One quick question: how is everybody increasing? It's totally up to the knitter, I'm really curious what everyone chose. I'm using paired M1 increases--so before a marker, I make a right leaning and after I make a left leaning. Someone did this on Craftster, and I'm like the effect. It creates a little bar, and a hole, and they stack up to look like a ladder. I'm going to try to emphasize when I block.

Oh, another poll--how do you all feel about the puffed sleeves? Many people skip them, but I'm gonna rock them like Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables...


CR

7 Comments:

Blogger lilfawn said...

I love puffed sleeves. They make my arms look smaller.

April 12, 2005 4:38 AM  
Blogger wizkid said...

I love the puff, too! I even put extra puff in because I was afraid that mine wouldn't be puffy enough with my smaller gauge.

April 12, 2005 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Leigh said...

I'm all about the puffery. This pattern has just enough to be chic without being too obvious.

April 12, 2005 12:25 PM  
Anonymous Mo said...

Yeah, the puff is cute! It would still look cute though, a little more..sporty, if taht's possible? I'm gonan put a link up to the Craftster thread about it, there are alot of different versions of this pattern that people have worked and showed off there. I know there's at least one without the whole puffy things happening!

April 12, 2005 4:04 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I'm not doing the puff this time around. I did it last time, tried the sleeve on and even after the decreases the sleeve was 6 inches too big around.

Also, I'm using the backwards loop method for increases, it still creates that cute little ladder. I'm also using it on the sleeves instead of M1, b/c I wanted a more seamless appearence on them.

April 13, 2005 2:38 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I'm skipping the puff too; partly to save yarn & partly because I'm not sure that I can rock the puffed sleeves :)
For the raglan increases, I did yarnovers and for the fronts, m1 on the knit side 2 stitches past the garter stitch band.

April 14, 2005 8:00 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I'm still debating on the puffed sleeves. As a replacement I'm contemplating 3/4 length straight or flaired sleeves. Also, instead of knitting the sleeves flat and seaming them, I'll probably just pick up the stitches and knit them in the round from the shoulder down.

For the increases, I'm just knitting front and back in the stitches right before and right after the marker.

April 15, 2005 2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home