Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Passion Flower Beginnings

I am knitting my minisweater in Classic Elite Star, color:Passion Flower. It's working pretty well; however, I am a little worried about the gauge. The yarn stretches a lot. I am also using a m1 increase on either side of the markers. It is making pretty little bars that look like yarn overs. I'd like to try this sweater with a lace pattern that incorporated increases.

I am a little confused by the pattern though. I have just finished the two sets of increases that come after the garter stitch beginning. What part of the sweater have I just made? Am I missing something? I suppose I need to have a little faith and just keep knitting.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Leigh said...

The garter stitch is the collar. You go from the top down with this pattern, which is why you'll be able to try it on as you work on it to get it to fit perfectly.

April 12, 2005 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Mo said...

Yeah, I'm doing the saem sort of increases, but they don't look like yarn overs..Maybe because of the different thickness in yarns? It would looks so cute with yarn-overs though :D PICTURES!!

April 12, 2005 3:59 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I haven't started the sweater yet, but I just make Glampyre's Bad Penny sweater with similar increases. She says to use YO's for the Bad Penny and it makes a nice eyelet pattern. I have pics on my blog. M1 increases will not have an eyelet/lacey pattern, but will probably not draw attention to the increases.

April 12, 2005 11:27 PM  
Blogger ClaudiaRN said...

Feel like the lone knitter in my neck of the woods- nice to join here- I’m in too! Got into all this from the Podcast with Stephanie - wow! Huge fan now (want the pattern for the sweater she’s doing for Astrid too!)

April 13, 2005 3:05 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I had exactly the same problem figuring out where I was at first! I just took a leap of faith and followed the pattern until it started to make sense.

April 13, 2005 6:50 AM  
Blogger lilfawn said...

Thanks for letting me know where I was in the pattern. I had wondered if it was the collar. I hoped, because otherwise there would be no way it would fit. This is a really creative and fun pattern so far. Good pick.

April 13, 2005 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home